Wednesday 27 January 2010

Uhoh! It is sneaking up on me now.

There are only four sleeps left of my thirties and do you know? I really am fine with that. More importantly I had another package arrive this week. Again all the way from Australia, again loaded with intiguingly shaped and shinily wrapped parcels. It is sitting next to the others on the chess table in the living room.



Of course when it actually is my the happy day nothing will be opened until after lunchtime as my boy is off for a birthday sleepover at a mate's house the night before. I am hoping my reward for such delayed gratification will be a guided tour (or at least a sticky) as the house is actually a rather enormous renovation/conversion of an old Vicarage at the top of the hill. And gorgeous presents obviously.



I have been asked a few times what a fat quarter is and I put my hand up, I should have included more details. CK did say not everyone would know what I meant but I just did not include the information anywhere. (Curses! I hate it when he is right.) It is (approximately) 55x50 cm or 'half a half a metre'. Just a big enough piece of fabric that my clever and talented friend can chop up into sharp-edged shapes and then turn the lot into a delicious quilt. Maybe that is what I should call it - the Delicious Quilt. Yes for now the working title will be 'The Delicious Quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While your comment will not be visible here I read and delight in each one. Thanks for joining me on this adventure.