Sunday 31 January 2010

Hooray! It is all official today.

The chess table has been covered in presents for a now I was finally allowed to open presents!

As of today the count is up to 11 pieces of fabric for the quilt. Wanna see what I got?

Sylv sent me these two pieces of 'Just Dreamy' from the Riley Blake collection.
Maria gave me three really different green pieces. The pictures are weeny but if you look closely you can see in the windows of the naive houses are lit candles. So sweet! It is 'spirit of winter' by Whimisicals for Four Corner. Don't know who made the Japanese looking trees but I love it. Plus a piece of my beloved Amy Butler.
The very sweet JennyFlower sent these delights. The cakes are Robert Kaufman "Sweet Tooth" and the fabulous flowers 'Waltzing Matilda' by Phillip Jacobs for Rowan. How apt is the name of the flowers?
Despite having already given me the Fortnumesque stripes shown in the previous post my sister had hidden these two prints inside my birthday presents. There is no selvedge on the apples (oh apples how I love thee!) but the chickens are from Wilmington prints.
And finally from Amanda en famille these two pieces. Oh poor 'Manda. I have caused her no end of saga asking her track down a fat quarter, I apologise but all of your mental stress was well worth it because these are beautiful.

The hearts remind me of strawberries and cream and the other piece? I think that may just be a quilter's dream.
Seeing how different the fabrics are that people identified as being something I would like is fascinating. This is gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While your comment will not be visible here I read and delight in each one. Thanks for joining me on this adventure.